I probably have the most incomprehensible problem any dentist has ever seen. I was given braces at the age of twelve. This was about ten years ago. I went for tightening about three times and then stopped going. My mother became ill and lost her health insurance. we've never had the funds to remove the brackets that I still have on my teeth. They've been there for a decade now. My teeth are starting to decay, the brackets are leaving a yellow stain and i bleed from my guns frequently. I've just obtained health insurance as an adult but I've no idea know how to go about fixing my issue (mostly because I'm embarrassed). 1. will i be able to straighten my teeth without brackets? I honestly do not want to have braces for another couple years. It is embarrassing.my overbite isn't serious. 2. will they ever be white again after all of this decay? 3.Will I have to have all of my teeth replaced by veneers? these teeth see to be very damaged. Any feedback is well appreciated. -Gaynelle

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - November - 2010, at 10:49 AM

• There is nothing to feel embarassed. You just go and visit the dentist. Any further delay will cause more harm. If you do not want to go for the braces you can opt for invisalign or cosmetic braces but first you have to get the decayed teeth fixed. Depending upon the decay you can have composite fillings or the veneers. and yes you can get the white teeth again. for ore info on cosmetic dentistry you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/dental-choices-for-cosmetic-dentistry-596.aspx

Free Dental Consultation