Had my braces installed in the country of my father but recently we just moved here in the country of my mother. So since I cannot go and have my monthly change of archwires in my original dentist, I went to consult to a dental clinic here and the dentist refused to change the archwires. Instead she suggested me to redo all of the process again in their clinic. Is this really needed? Why can't just she change the archwires????

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - June - 2011, at 10:36 AM

• You can take second opinion from another orthodontist. But in every country the basic braces  treatment procedure is same but no body wants to take chance as for treatment outcome your new dentist will be responsible and due to this every new dentist wants to do treatment the way he wants. May be you have to convince the dentist by giving him all the case history, xrays & models etc or may be you can make her talk to your previous orthodontist. For more info on changing dentist in braces treatment you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-changing-orthodontist-during-braces-treatment-564.aspx

Free Dental Consultation