Hi, I am 17 years old and have never had any major teeth problems before (expect getting wisdom teeth out). Yesterday I noticed a small dark brown spot on my upper second premolar on my left side. I have inspected it with floss and toothpicks and there is nothing stuck there although it almost looks like there is; the spot is in an awkward position. It is on the front of my second premolar, facing the back of the first premolar, so it almost appears as if something is stuck in between but there isn't. Playing around with a toothpick it almost appears that there is a small abscess in my tooth but since it is in such an awkward position I cannot be sure. Do you think it is a cavity? I am yet to go to the dentist (always difficult to get an appointment). How long do you think it has been developing for, and how urgent do you think it is to take immediate action? i.e. a filling, or whatever else is required. Thank you, Genevieve H.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - April - 2011, at 10:27 AM

• Dark  brown spot on the tooth can be the decay or the staining. As it is between the 1st and the 2nd premolar the chances are that it is the staining but it can be the dental decay also causing the cavity. If it is staining then the cleaning will take care but if it is the cavity then you have get the filling done. As you do not have any symptons llike sensation or pain so it seems that  it is not very deep and filing will be required. You should try to get the appointment as it is better to get it filled at the earliest. For more info on dental filling youcan visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/article_why-go-for-dental-filling-36.aspx

Free Dental Consultation