I have one tooth that I can chew on, the one on bottom, right side, second from last tooth. All my teeth on the left side are shattered/broken, and only recently have gotten dental insurance. Now, the tooth I can chew on, is basically in not a eatable condition. What can a dentist do for me, besides just yanking it? Because if that tooth is yanked, I cannot eat. Thank you for your time.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 05 - October - 2011, at 20:04 PM

  • Basically what you need is the full mouth rehabilitation. The dentist will take the X-ray's and do the clinical examination to see which teeth can be restored and which has to be pulled out. The teeth which can be restored will be restored and those which have to be pulled out will be replaced either by fixed partial dentures or implants. In case of your right side tooth ,if it is restorable then after doing the root canal treatment that particular tooth can be crowned. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link ..... http://www.identalhub.com/article_diagnosis-of-root-canal-treatment-297.aspx

Free Dental Consultation