Hello my name is George and I am in the worst pain I have EVER experienced. My top right wisdom tooth has been breaking little by little and with out pain or money I havent taken care of the problem and cant until Monday but for two days my face, gums, and inner jaw basically the whole right side has been swollen I did go to the hospital they gave me antibiotics and a few pain pills but nothing is helping and the pain is driving me insane is there anything that may help I have been taking 4-5 ibprofens at a time tried Ice orajel you name it I need help I cant eat or sleep

Leave Comment

Comments

• Stevia Roberts

Stevia Roberts 02 - November - 2010, at 03:22 AM

• The aching is probably coming from an infection. I would mix 1 tsp of table salt in a small glass of warm water and then swish with it. It will help. You really need to get on an antibiotic! Also, do you have any cloves? You can buy them in the baking section of your local grocery store. If so, take one and bite down on it with the side that hurts-they don't taste too good but it will help too.

• Venesa Smith

Venesa Smith 29 - October - 2010, at 23:07 PM

• It's hard to say if they are the cause of your problems... I had 4 wisdom teeth extracted 13 days ago. One turned out to be infected even though it never showed on any x-rays or routine exams. I suffered a pretty regular routing of lower neck pain, headaches and even swollen neck glands for no apparent reason. My physicals were always normal - nothing ever to indicate that my teeth were the cause. After having them removed I haven't had ANY neck pain, no more almost daily headaches, or swollen glands. Now, this could be something kicking in, but I really think that my impacted/infected tooth was the culprit.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - October - 2010, at 11:08 AM

• It looks like your broken wisdom tooth is infected. You have to take the pain killers and the antibiotics regulary as prescribed by your dentist. The antibiotics will take some time before they are effective may be 3 days depending upon the infection. Till then you can try doing warm saline rinses if it is not aggravating the problem and take lquid and semisolid diet. You have to get this tooth extracted. For more info on wsdom teeth you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation