I had a root canal in tooth #4 a couple of years ago.. It has since cracked, and now needs to be extracted. The teeth on either side of #4 each have extensive fillings and crazes and will need crowns soon anyway. A three unit bridge is more affordable for me at this point, but I am worried about bone resorption and losing the entire bridge if one of the abutment teeth end up having cavities. Do you think a single implant to replace #4 or a bridge would be best? I am only 32 years old. Any insights will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - April - 2011, at 19:44 PM

• The decision for the bridge or implant depends upon the condition of the abutment teeth. If the abutment teeth are root canal treated and there is no infection then you can think of going for the bridge as it will be more economical and even if you go for implant these teeth will be needing the crown so that they do not get further decayed. Once the abutment teeth are crowned as in bridge and if one maintains the good oral hygeine then chances of decay or further bone loss is very less. So the decision for bridge or implant can be taken after cionsidering all the aspects. For more info on dental bridge you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation