I have a broken tooth, about a quarter broken off of it at the corner. Recently I went to a dentist, and I told him there was like a lump on the gums where the tooth is, and so he gave me Clyndamicine...or whatever. The lump hasn't went down really, but the pain is totally gone. Any advice or suggestions to get rid of this inflammation or whatever it could be?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - July - 2011, at 19:18 PM

• If you have broken tooth with a lump that means the tooth is infected. You have periapical infection with a intraoral sinus and hence the lump. As you have taken antibiotics the pain is gone as the infection subsides but it is not cured. When the effect of meds will go there is a chance that again you can have pain with swelling. For this you have to get the root canal treatment done, in which the infection will be drained out by the canals present in the tooth and that will take care of your lump also. For more info on Root canal Treatment you can read this article...  http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation