There are two spots on my lower jaw that have a dull pain every time I floss. I just started flossing a few months ago, but it's been a month since the pain began. What could it be?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Revina George

Revina George 27 - October - 2010, at 03:52 AM

• Try flossing once a day....gently......if it still hurts, yeah go see the dentist you may have something else going on. You could try using Sensodyne but many times that just covers up the problem without fixing it. I guess just stick with it, be careful and use the salt water wash or Listerine to numb your mouth up a bit.

• Mary Jessen

Mary Jessen 19 - October - 2010, at 00:07 AM

• Well dental floss is considered cheaper than waterpik and both does their job in their own way.We cannot use dental floss with dental appliances as it does not reach to the gums due to braces or wiring but waterpik reached the gums with dental appliances also. Although both does the same work , removing food particles stuck between our teeth.Also waterpik is gentle on gums as compared to dental floss.

• Rosita Adams

Rosita Adams 17 - October - 2010, at 21:59 PM

• Can you tell me should I go for flossing or waterpick. I have braces n i hate spending like 30 min-1 hr trying to floss. i jus found out about the waterpik n it states that its 3x better than flossing n is ideal for people with braces. I know flossing is cheaper but it takes ALOT of time. i want to know which ones best before i buy a waterpik n end up getting bad results. PLEASE tell me which one i should use n why. if you used the waterpik n have braces, what were your results?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2010, at 11:23 AM

• it may be due to the faulty flossing technique. your gums may have got injured and they are getting irritated every time you floss.So try not to irritate them and do warm saline rinses . For more info on dental flossing you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-flossing-59.aspx

Free Dental Consultation