The gum on one of my front upper tooth started bleeding without any irritant. It only lasted like 10 seconds, but I'm worried because this tooth has been shifting backwards for some reason. I think it might be my wisdom tooth, but when I got an xray a few weeks ago the dentist told me it was impacted, but that I'd need to wait 6 months to see if it would be a problem. What do you think?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Remisa J

Remisa J 08 - November - 2010, at 23:45 PM

• You should try some home remedies till then like you should have more intake of vitamin C, Apply pressure directly on the gums with a gauze pad soaked in ice water. You can also apply ice or take ice-cold drinks in between putting pressure. As with any blood outflow from the body, direct pressure and cold water can cause the source to contract and slow down the bleeding process or stop it entirely.Bloodroot is incorporated in several toothpastes aimed at relieving bleeding gums; there are various brands on the market.

• Rina Muffy

Rina Muffy 01 - November - 2010, at 23:04 PM

• Symptoms of bleeding gums include periodic or chronic bleeding of the gums, especially after eating or brushing and flossing teeth. Bleeding gums can be associated with swollen gums, but gums can still bleed without being swollen. Another symptom associated with bleeding gums is a recession of the gum line. In most cases, bleeding gums will be sore to the touch after they start bleeding, but there are some chronic cases of bleeding gums where there is no pain and a person does not even realize their gums are bleeding

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - October - 2010, at 09:57 AM

• If the gum bleeding is there without any irritation it is a possibility that there is some inflammation in that aea may be because of some deposit or the poor oral hygeine. Try to maintain very good oral hygeine by brushing twice daily and doing flossing. You can do warm saline rinses also. If the bleeding is still there then you can visit dentist and get the regular cleaning done. If the wisdom tooth has not come and it is not clear whether enough space is there for its eruption or not then definitely you have to wait. For more info on gum diseases you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-gum-disease-20.aspx

Free Dental Consultation