I have a problem with toothe #12. It is cracked and filled. My dentist wants to do a root canal and a crown. I have had problems with root canals in the past. What are my options?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 20 - May - 2010, at 20:19 PM

  • If you really want to save the tooth you have to go for the root canal treatment and get the crown.Otherwise you have to get it extracted and go for dental implant or the fixed bridge. These treatments are more expensive and you are going to loose one tooth also. These days the success rate of root canal is quite high, if the case selection is right and in my opinion if your dentist is advising for root canal treatment then go for it. For more info on root canal treatment  you can visit the following link.......http://www.identalhub.com/article_alternatives-to-a-root-canal-treatment-302.aspx

Free Dental Consultation