I have to have two teeth extracted and I also have to have gum and bone removed. I scared. Should I be scared or should I just relax?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - January - 2012, at 23:18 PM

• You have to get surgical tooth extraction done for tooth removal. Surgical tooth extraction is done when the tooth is damaged to an extent that it is not visible above the gum line or in case of impacted teeth or in case of grossly decayed tooth or some other reason. You don’t have to worry. There will be no pain during the procedure. Dentist will numb you with local anesthetic shot or conscious sedation so that there is no pain during tooth extraction procedure. You will just feel some pressure during extraction but no pain. Dentist will give an incision on the gums and will then remove the tooth after bone cutting and or tooth sectioning. After tooth removal, stitches will be given to you to approximate flap margins. Just relax. Everything will be fine. After tooth extraction, you will be given some medicaments and some instructions by your oral surgeon. You have to follow those instructions to avoid any complications after tooth extraction. Post-extraction care is very important after tooth extraction. Avoid formation of dry socket after tooth extraction which is the main reason of pain after tooth extraction otherwise no pain occurs by extraction. To avoid dry socket or any complications after tooth extraction, follow the instructions of your dentist and take the meds as prescribed. For more info on surgical tooth extraction, refer to…..     http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-surgical-tooth-extraction-procedure-889.aspx

Free Dental Consultation