Since the last two months i have a problem with my teeth. Every time i eat , food particles tend to get stuck between my teeth. Although this is a common case but in my case it has become so frequent that no matter what i eat it has to get stuck between the teeth. Basically the gap between my teeth is normal and there is nothing important to define otherwise. Gums seem to be nice in colour and texture with no bleeding. I have taken various antiseptic mouthwash but the problem does not to subside. The condition can also become painful at times. Please comment and suggest a solution to the problem.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - January - 2012, at 00:11 AM

• Food can get stuck in the Interdental areas of teeth. Food deposits are more common on proximal and cervical portion of the tooth. Loss of interproximal contacts occurs in case of gum infections or in case of some missing tooth present. If there is gum infection present, then you can get dental cleaning done and if there is a missing tooth present, then it can be replaced. More of food particles can get struck between teeth if there is misalignment of teeth present. If teeth are misaligned, then you can get treatment done for them. To avoid food deposits around teeth, it is important that you maintain good oral hygiene. Brush and floss regularly to avoid deposits around teeth. You can also use a mouth wash which is a chemical adjunct to plaque removal. Incidence of plaque and tartar deposits around teeth also increases in case of tooth decay or faulty restorations present. If there is tooth decay present, then get it restored and if there are faulty restorations present, then get it corrected. To have healthy teeth and gums, maintain good oral hygiene and visit your dentist once in 6 months for dental cleaning. For more info on good oral hygiene, refer to……

Free Dental Consultation