The bottom tooth in the middle of my mouth has either chipped or cut my gum so it feels like a chip. It is behind the tooth so can be difficult to see. It feels sharp with my tongue but is not painful. It has bled a small amount. I am not sure how this has happened but in wondering if it sounds like I have cut my gum or chipped the back of my tooth at the bottom.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - July - 2011, at 09:42 AM

• From your symptoms it looks like that you have neither chipped the tooth nor cut the gum but it is the hard deposit which is usually forms behind the lower front teeth which has come out and due to this you are feeling the tooth to be sharp but with no pain. The bleeding was also due to that as due to deposits i.e. calculus, the gums are irritated and are inflammed. For this you have to visit the dentist and get cleaning done. This will smoothen your teeth and gums will also become healthy. You also need 6 monthly dental visits schedule. For more info on cleaning you can read this article..  http://www.identalhub.com/article_healthy-gums-a-mirror-to-healthy-heart-237.aspx

Free Dental Consultation