I had my full uppers extracted in mid August. My dentist would like to fit me for my permanent denture soon. Is 3 months too soon to have my immediate replaced?

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 26 - December - 2011, at 23:35 PM

• Ronald, after tooth extraction, permanent dentures can be given after 3 months. Healing of soft tissue and bone is adequate in 3 months. By the time permanent dentures are given, patient can get immediate dentures after extraction.

• ronald teed

ronald teed 26 - December - 2011, at 13:11 PM

• any information as to the routine appreciated. I live on any info appreciated vashon Islans

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - October - 2011, at 03:31 AM

• You can get your immediate dentures replaced with permanent dentures after 3 months. Within 3 months, the healing of the soft tissues and the bone is adequate to give permanent dentures. Bone resorption occurs after 3 months and after that the bone is stabilized in 9-12 months so it is advised to get dentures after 3 months of tooth extraction.  If bone resorption occurs, then the retention of the denture is compromised. Before giving  permanent dentures, your dentist will examine your systemic condition and will check your blood pressure and blood sugar levels. If they are fine, then you can get permanent dentures  after 3 months.  For more info on dentures, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_options-available-for-dentures--265.aspx

Free Dental Consultation