When trying on my wax try ins, should they fit snug? Mine were rather loose and we had to do another impression. I'm going back to see the updated one's next week and want to be sure I'm not complaining over nothing if they are not a snug fit. Also, will my permanent dentures be less bulky than these immediate dentures? Thank you in advance!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - October - 2011, at 00:31 AM

• During wax trial, trays don’t fit snugly but they don’t fall either and patient may find them slightly loose.  Wax trial is done to see the vertical height and to see how the teeth look. Retention of trays during wax trial is comparatively less is compared to permanent dentures as they are made of wax and permanent dentures are made of acrylic. Retention of the trays must not be that good during your wax trial or your dentist must have found something wrong that’s why your dentist must have taken another impression. Next week, your dentist will do wax trial again and will see whether the trays fit well or not. If the trays fit well, then he will proceed with further steps of denture fabrication. Your permanent dentures will be less bulky than the immediate dentures. For more info on dentures, you can refer to following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_various-types-of-dentures-170.aspx

Free Dental Consultation