1 1/2 YR BACK I GET TRAUMA UNDER MY CHIN FOLLOWED BY BROKEN TIP OF TOOTH , AN X RAY SHOWED BIG SHADOW UNDER THE TOOTH AN VALIDITY ROOT TEST SUCH AS ELECTRICAL , HEAT +COLD TESTS SHOWED RESPONSIVE , ONE TOOTH STARTED TO BE LOOSE ,NOW MY DENTIST . ADVISED ME TO TREAT ROOT CANAL AND FOLLOWED THE SHADOW IF STILL THERE WILL PROCEED TO BONE ABERRATIONS . Q WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE +POSSIBLE DIAGNOSIS .MY WORRIES THAT I LEFT WITH NO TOOTH

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - May - 2010, at 20:22 PM

• After trauma normally, if the tooth has become lose and xray is showing shadow, it means it is infected. In such teeth you have to go for Root Canal Treatment. Normally that takes care of peri apical infection and hence the shadow. But if the shadow is quite big and the dentist feels that the root canal treatment is not going to help and Apicecotomy is done, in which flap is raised and infection is removed directly and if bone loss is more then bone graft is also put at that time. This will take care of your tooth and you will not lose it. For more info on Root Canal Treatment, you can read this article in our website... www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation