I wanted a litlle bonding done on my front tooth where the gum was receding. To be blunt, it was a bad job, and I have since had it worked on 3 times, 2 seperate dentists. The last time the novacaine was put it seemed like directly into the nerve because the nerve twinges now and the tooth is sensitive to cold air. The tooth itself is sensitive, but that seems to be subsiding a litllel. I did go to a third dentist who said that it would eventually go away and that the tooth was just worked on too much. I'm worried about the nerve twinge. It seems to come and go, but when I am nervous it is of course much worse. It has been a month, and I'm just worried it will never go away. There was nothing wrong with the nerve when this whole ordeal begain. I just don't know what to do. Should I consult another dentist ? I don't want to go back to the first two, they were not very nice and I do not feel comfortable going back. Thanks, Holly

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - August - 2010, at 19:40 PM

• Every time you get the bonding done and it fails the tooth is wrked upon some more causing the sensitivity. You should go to the good dentist who will do the job properly and the bonding material should not come out. Near the gums the failure rate is more as the problem of isolation is there due to the gums.The senstivity is not because of the novacaine but it is your tooth which has become senstive because of preparation for the composite . For more info on coposite bonding you can visit the following link on our website....http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-composite-filling-done-in-a-tooth-283.aspx

Free Dental Consultation