My dentist shaved my teeth to get rid of my ridges due to my open bite. Now when I touch it, it is like she shaved my actual tooth. Like she shaved in an angle instead of straight like she did with the other three teeth. It is just the front top tooth. Is it suppose to feel look and feel like that???

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - July - 2011, at 19:17 PM

• Normally to treat open bite teeth are not shaved but open bite is reduced by using braces. It is difficult to give any opinion on this as it is not clear from question that what procedure has been carried out by the dentist. The young permanent teeth at biting edge do have some ridges like structure which is called Mammelons but they are not supposed to be shaved off as they wear itself after sometime giving normal appearnace to tooth. For any treatment the tooth is not supposed to be shaved off as it leads to hot and cold sensation but sometimes selective griding is done but that too when it is absolutely needed. For more info on braces treatment for open bite you can read these article... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-braces-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation