I have to spit out / swallow in saliva. So, I feel in excess saliva in mouth. I feel uneasy without swallowing saliva while talking.

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 09 - November - 2011, at 00:21 AM

• Judith, If crest whitening strips are left for longer time, then it can lead to sensitivity of teeth, gum soreness and also cause excess salivation. Foaming action of peroxide can cause more salivation during use of crest whitening strips which may persist. Something artificial in mouth like dentures or strips or poor oral hygiene can cause more of salivation. It usually regresses on its own. It is better to get professional teeth whitening than using strips as in case of professional teeth whitening, procedure is done by dentist himself so chances of any side effects are comparatively less.

• judith firkins

judith firkins 08 - November - 2011, at 09:07 AM

• Have used crest whitening strips for first time.Left them in longer than allocated.Woke feeling discomfort and exessive salivating.This latter problem is still evident.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - February - 2011, at 08:14 AM

• Excess saliva in mouth is there when you have some artificial thing in the mouth like partial dentures or when oral hygiene is very poor or some decay in tooth. There can be systomic causes also but first you have to rule out the local causes and for this you have to visit a dentist who after doing clinical examination will make treatment plan and do treatment. If it is due to some artificial thing in mouth then this problem will be taken care of itself as your mouth become used to it. If the cause is systomic then you may be precribed antisialogauges and for that you have to go to physician.  For more info on how to maintain good oral hygiene you can read this article from given link.... www.identalhub.com/dental-clean-your-teeth-correctly-521.aspx

Free Dental Consultation