My dentists suggests getting a Perio Protect tray to help me with my gum disease. But the cost is huge--$800. How helpful will this tray be for me? Is it worth this cost.

Leave Comment

• jay

jay 13 - January - 2012, at 07:40 AM

• that is cheap the guy who did mine charged me 3,ooo for one set. at first claimed there would be 2 sets after refusing 50,000 worth of dental work sent me a $100 to close my account. it did work though

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - December - 2011, at 05:48 AM

• Perio protect tray is a comprehensive treatment method which is used to manage bacteria which are associated with gums infections. In perio tray method, chemical debridement of periodontal pocket is done and microbiological environment of periodontal pocket is altered to disrupt the biofilm growth. With scaling and root planning, plaque and tartar deposits are removed but biofilms can regenerate again and it becomes difficult to control them between office visits. In this method, prescribed solution is placed over customized dental tray to manage biofilm. Perio protect method requires only few minutes each day and is a comfortable and non-invasive method.  Success of dental treatment depends on case selection. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment how helpful periotray will be to you. To avoid gum infections, it is important that you maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on good oral hygiene, refer to….

Free Dental Consultation