Hi! I have a problem with my front teeth ever since I had my braces from when I was fifteen. They have little yellow holes in the center of my two teeth on each side. I realize that this is probably because I didn't floss my teeth when I had my braces. When I went to my dentist she said that she didn't know if she could get rid of them without veneers (the very expensive procedure). I was first of all wondering if these small yellow holes could be covered with white fillings or just the simple fact that there is no hope for me because I have absolutely not enough money for veneers. I don't think I had the right dentist. I'm pretty sure there are other options. Also they have stayed the same size since my braces were taken off so I think I am taking the right steps to prevent them from becoming worse. Please give me some advice before I make an appointment with a dentist. So I can ask them if I could do what you may suggest. Thank you!

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 25 - October - 2011, at 00:25 AM

  • If there are holes present in the teeth, then you can get them filled. You can get the holes filled with composite filling material or can get dental lumineers, veneers or dental crowns to fill the gap.  Option opted to close the holes depends on the size of hole. If hole is small, then dental bonding can be done to fill the hole and if there is large hole present, then dental crowns can be given to the patient. If hole is comparatively bigger in size and dental bonding is done, then it comes out after some time. You can discuss these options with your dentist. If you don’t think that you have right dentist, then you can take opinion from a second dentist. Don’t delay getting the holes filled as it can lead to worsening of condition. Maintain good oral hygiene and avoid any food accumulates in the hole which can lead to deepening of the holes and pain. For more info on composite filling material, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-composites-40.aspx

Free Dental Consultation