i was just at the dentist and they drilled a hole into my tooth to the nerve and once they got to the nerve i felt it.. ive never had such a horrible pain in my life.. they then told me i need a root canal.. i was just wondering if since it hurt when they drilled the hole if its going to hurt when they do the root canal? if so if its possible for them to maybe put me to sleep while they do this because i cant stand that pain for an hour

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - April - 2010, at 20:06 PM

• While doing Root Canal Treatment, numbing shot is given to numb the tooth so that you donot feel the pain during the treatment. So you donot have to worry about the pain part when Root Canal Treatment is being done. If you really want that they should put you to sleep during treatment then you can discuss the options with your dentist which can be concious sedation with either laughing gas or some drug. But normally Root Canal treatment is done under local anesthesia and it is not painful if the local anesthesia is effective. For more info on root canal treatment procedure you can read this article from our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-root-canal-treatment-is-done-298.aspx

Free Dental Consultation