I just recently had 2 root canals done for an abscess in the very front of my upper jaw. I'm currently taking clindamycin for the infection. But there's a large bump in the very center of the roof of my mouth, on what I think is called the hard pallet. It's about the size of a fingernail on a pinky. It's fairly hard, I can manipulate it a bit with my tongue. There's a lot of pain when I push on it, and when I swallow, as that's where I put my tongue in order to swallow. So this is making it pretty difficult for me to eat. The dentist I saw told me that it would decrease in size while using the anti biotics, but instead it seems to have only grown slightly.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - November - 2011, at 00:19 AM

• Bump on roof of mouth can be because of post-obturation flare up. Bump which is there on roof of mouth will subside in 3-4 days. If root canals are cleaned and filled properly, then it will subside in some time. You can continue taking antibiotics as prescribed to remove the infection. It can also be because of infection still left in the tooth.  If it persists beyond 4 days, then you can visit your dentist or endodontist for revaluation of tooth. For more info on complications and care after root canal therapy, you can refer to…   http://www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation