I had a horible dentist who root canaled two teeth that did not need to be done and as a reslut the third one was done that was the problem done by another dentist. I was shot in the face as a child with a bb gun and its right above that tooth also did a cart wheel and fell years later and chipped the inner corner out. So I have the two big front teeth and one next to it root canaled. The chpped one looks funny now since it doesnt match up in color. They are not black but in picutures I can tell a color difference. I was wondering if veneres would fix this problem if i got the top 4 done. Thanks!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - April - 2010, at 19:50 PM

• After root canal treatment as the tooth is non vital it becomes brittle and there is change in color. It can become bluish black. As the tooth is brittle i will not recommend  you to go for the veneers in case of root canal treated teeth. The best treatment option in such teeth is to go for the crowns. If you want very good esthetic results then go for full ceramic crowns. These are indicated only for the front teeth but they are quite expensive.The other option is to go for PFM crowns.This you can discuss with your dentist. For more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website.........http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-crowns-72.aspx

Free Dental Consultation