Why is it that when i brush my teeth everyday i get cavities

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - August - 2011, at 00:16 AM

• Brushing is not the only preventive measure for cavities. Apart from brushing to avoid cavities, make sure that there are no deposits on the teeth, less of sugars and sticky foods in the diet. You can also go for fluoride application and can go for pit and fissure sealants if they are newly erupted teeth. Less of saliva can also lead to cavities as saliva has antimicrobial properties. There is sensitivity to cold food initially and later there is sensitivity to hot food and pain present due to caries. If the cavities are shallow, then you can get them filled and if the cavities are deep, then root canal procedure is required for them. The best material for filling is composite restorations which is the tooth colored, esthetic filling material. Make sure that there are no deposits on the teeth and rinse your mouth after taking sticky sugary diet so that nothing sticks to your mouth and cause caries. For more info on what causes dental caries, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-causes-dental-caries-144.aspx

Free Dental Consultation