Is it possible to have an abscessed tooth without a toothache. My pain started in my gums on my lower, right side. The next day my lymph node in my neck on the right side was swollen and painful and I had a headache on my right side temple. Now, my throat is sore on the same side. Could all this be the result of an abscessed tooth??

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - September - 2011, at 01:55 AM

• You may have an abscessed tooth present. In case of acute abscessed tooth, slight rise of body temperature, headache, lymph node enlargements, sore throat occurs. In case of chronic abscess, there might be no pain or other symptoms present. A radiolucent lesion that is shadow is visible at apex of tooth in chronic abscess. Without clinical and radiographic examination, it is difficult to give an exact diagnosis. You have to refer to your dentist for this. If abscessed tooth is present, then root canal treatment can be done to save the tooth.  For more info on abscessed tooth, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation