i had root canal treatement before 15 days.at the time of treatment i am not having problem.but now i having pain i that teeth.if i eat something na thattime only i feel pain.tell me the reason..

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - September - 2011, at 05:42 AM

• After the root canal treatment is done, it may take 2-3 weeks for tooth to adjust. If the pain persists for longer time, then you need to consult your dentist for this. Pain on biting can be because of infection still left in the tooth or can be because of some high point on the tooth or can be because of some cracked tooth present which is difficult to diagnose. If there is infection still left in the tooth, then re-root canal treatment or apicectomy may be required for the treatment of infection. If there is some high point present, then the dentist can adjust it and if it is because of cracked tooth, then tooth extraction may be required. Without clinical and radiographic examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. If the pain persists beyond 3 weeks, then you can consult your dentist for this. By that time, maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any deposits on the tooth. For more info on root canal re-treatment, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation