Can bacteria from a severe tooth infection be passed on via kissing/sex, shared food etc.? If so, is this regardless of race and genetic background? My partner claims there are illnesses I can't attract from him and vice versa due to this fact. (He has slavic heritage while mine is scandinavian.) Also, can these bacteria go away without any antibiotica treatment, if the infected tooth now has been removed? Note that this procedure was done during an ongoing infection. No antibiotica was given beforehand,since my boyfriend declined the extra waiting, although the pain-killers wouldn't work that well! Should I make him schedule a new appointment, or are all problems gone with the old removed tooth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - March - 2011, at 19:53 PM

• Reardless of race or genetc background the microflora in the mouth is the same. There can be hereditary difference like if the parents have more decayed teeth then the chances are that the children also have the decayed teeth. If the decayed and infected tooth is extracted and the socket has healed completely with out any complication then there is no cause to worry. The immune system of the oral cavity takes care of that.For more info on abcessed teeth you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx 

Free Dental Consultation