Hi, I just went to my dentist because I was having sever pain on one of my wisdom teeth, he said it was infected and either needed to be pulled or root canal. I am on ibuprofen 600mg and penicillin 500mg, and vicodin 500mg all of them every 6 hrs. Ive been taking them for two days now and the pain has gone away but now i have another wisdom tooth on the other side hurting. This tooth hurts sometimes for maybe a day or two then goes away this pain i have now is very little and only hurts when i eat so its not bad like my other tooth. My question is could the infection spread from my left wisdom teeth to my right one? Shouldnt the penicillin kill the infection?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - March - 2011, at 19:58 PM

• Infection does not spread from one side to the other. As a mater of fact it does not spread from one tooth to the other as each tooth is in its own socket. it is like as you had pain in the left side you must not be eating from that side and eating from the right side only. The right side molar was also decayed but initially it was not paining but now as you have started eating from that side it has also started paining, As you are on antibiotics the pain is not very bad. For more info on wisdom teeth you can visit the following link.......www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation