I just had a root canal four days ago in my back wisdom tooth becuase of an infection. the tooth no longer hurts but my gum behind it is very sore. It doesnt bother me if im careful and leave it alone but it anything hits it it hurts and it feels like the pain is going down the side of my neck. the pain in not severe its very little except when i hit the gum it hurts. I dont know if this is normal or no? i am on antibiotics but im almost done with them. There is no bump on my gums that i can see, I feel like I see it red where it hurts. I have a temporary filling on it and im waiting for my crown but im worried if this pain is not normal.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - March - 2011, at 10:46 AM

• As the wisdom tooth is the last tooth so there is no tooth behind this. The gum may be hurting because of some trauma in that area during the root canal treatment. It can be because of the clamp of the rubber dam which is used for isoation or it may be the reaction of the gum to the treatment Do not worry about this but at the same time do not irritate that area further. Maintain very good oral hygeine by gentle brushing and do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. for more info on complications after root canal treatment you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation