Hi, I seem to have a problem with my top front tooth. There seems to be little, brown, freckle-like dots in a small cluster near the middle. The internet said that they might be cavies but cavies look too large to be what I have plus the tooth doesn't hurt and doesn't feel chalky at all. Ive had the problem for about two months without pain and have reduced my acidic drink intake by a lot. I just really want to know what they are and how i can remove them. Any information on this subject is very appreciated. Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - November - 2011, at 23:25 PM

• Brown dots on your teeth can be because of staining of teeth or can be because of decay of teeth. They can be sign of initial caries. Initially, dental caries don’t cause any pain but after some time, dental caries may get deep and cause pain and sensitivity. If decay is much broad and not that deep, then it causes no pain. Excess consumption of tea, coffee, smoking and chewing tobacco can also lead to brown stains on teeth. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give a definite diagnosis as to what is the exact cause of brown dots on teeth. If it is because of decay, then tooth restoration will be required. Restoration can be done with composite material which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material. If there is much of decay present, then dental lumineers or veneers may also be required.  If the brown dots are stains present on teeth, then dental cleaning can be done to remove them. If there is only some demineralization of enamel, then fluoride application can be done to remineralize the tooth structure. Visit your dentist for definite diagnosis and treatment. By that time, maintain good oral hygiene and avoid excessive consumption of tea, coffee etc. For more info on causes and symptom of dental caries, refer to…    http://www.identalhub.com/article_causes-and-symptoms-of-dental-caries-229.aspx

Free Dental Consultation