I'm 20 years old, drank soda for all my life and never really brushed my teeth at all up until a few years ago. Because of my neglect, I had my front four upper teeth decayed near the gumline that had to be filled in. My teeth are a noticeable yellow color, and I went to get them whitened and was given a bleach tray but didn't respond very well to the treatment (didn't notice much of a difference). Would having laser treatment or something similar to in-office work be better, or can my teeth not be whitened for some reason? Also, my two front teeth are very transparent, giving them a weird fuzzy looking at the edges of them. Is this something that would be less noticeable if my teeth were successfully whitened?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - December - 2010, at 19:42 PM

• As you have consumed lot of soda it causes the wearing of the teeth especially the upper layer that is enamel and which is white in color exposing the inner layer that is dentine and which is yellow in color. In your case whitening is not going to be very effective as the color of the dentine is basically yellow in color. You also mentioned that your front teeth are transparet in color that is also the sign of wearing and at the same time you have fillings also in the front teeth which will not be bleached. In your case best treatment option is to go for the veneers of the front teeth. For more info on veneers you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/dental-cosmetic-makeover-options-for-front-teeth--597.aspx

Free Dental Consultation