My teeth have been crumbling and falling out for about 6 years. I have had 2 teeth removed before. I am 20 and really do not want to live without my teeth. It is like the centers just suddenly crumble and come out. Then the outside starts to come apart. Any idea why they are doing this and can it be fixed without extraction?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - November - 2011, at 01:29 AM

• Teeth can be crumbling and falling out because of periodontal infections in relation to teeth or can crumble because of tooth infection. Periodontal complications cause loss of attachment, bone loss and tooth mobility. If there are periodontal problems present which is the reason of tooth mobility, then dental cleaning, root planning along with periodontal surgeries will be required. If there is pus present in teeth which leads to extrusion of tooth from socket, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown can be given for the tooth. You need to visit a dentist and get the exact reason of crumbling of teeth diagnosed. If you maintain good oral hygiene and get the infections in the teeth treated, then you can avoid crumbling of teeth. Get treatment done for infections and brush and floss regularly. You can also use a mouth wash to reduce bacteria in oral cavity. If teeth are bit mobile, then they can be made firm by removing deposits around teeth which will allow gums to attach to teeth and reduce tooth mobility. For more info on gum infections, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-periodontitis-903.aspx

Free Dental Consultation