Three days ago I noticed painful swelling around inside of my mouth on the top right side This spread to the entire row of teeth and then now is spreadin to the bottom row. I take very good care of my teeth. The gums are not bleeding, they are just swollen and very painful.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - January - 2012, at 00:16 AM

• Swelling of gums can occur because of plaque accumulates around teeth or can occur because of anticonvulsants, immunosuppressant’s or antihypertensive medicaments. Hormonal imbalances, mouth breathing, stress, Vitamin C deficiency can also lead to swelling of gums. Some of the diseases like diabetes; sarcoidosis can also cause size of the gums to enlarge. Gingival and periodontal abscess can also cause inflammatory gum enlargement. If you changed your tooth paste or mouth wash lately, then swelling can also be there because of allergic reaction. Trauma or irritation to the gums can also lead to swollen painful gums.  Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can visit your dentist for evaluation and treatment. If there is some gum infection present, then dental cleaning can be done. By the time, you visit your dentist, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. You can also take otc anti-inflammatory pain med for some relief and can apply orajel over the gums. For more info on enlargement of gums, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-reasons-for-enlargement-of-gums-921.aspx

Free Dental Consultation