Hello doctor, I have recently done a tooth fill,a curature,and polishing. I noticed a terrible foul taste from my lower right molar. The area has no sore,no pain,and was recently filled. Althought the molar before it was removed 4 years ago,but the space between has long closed. When i use my tongue to touch the edge of the tooth,it felt as if there was a tiny space around on side of the tooth,and it felt as it something was it in,but the doctors looked at it and said there was nothing there,but i feel it with my tongue and the foul taste is bad,it gives bad breath. Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - March - 2011, at 11:12 AM

• If with tongue you feel a gap and actually there is no problem then it can be some gum inflammation. In the gingivitis or when trauma to gum is there it is bit swollen and it shrinks away from the tooth. Food particles may be getting impaced there causig the bad taste when you touch that area.Along with proper brushing and flossing you can use warm saline rinses 3 to 4 times a day You can use some good antimicrobial mouth wsh also. If the probem persists then you have to visit the dentist. For more info on gum diseases you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/dental-natural-remedies-for-gum-diseases-560.aspx

Free Dental Consultation