i left 20% opalescence gel on teeth for 3 hrs and now my gums are irritated and hurt. have i damaged my teeth

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 18 - September - 2011, at 04:03 AM

  • Irritation with teeth whitening gel is common and you have not damaged your teeth, may be you have irritated the gums. So just relax. Maintain good oral hygiene and put some good gum paint on gums. Donto irritate the gums further. The opalescence gel should be touching teeth only and not the gums. These gels are to bleach the teeth and do irritate the gums. So next time when you use them then be careful that bleaching gel should only touch teeth and not gums. For mroe info on teeth whitening you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-are-popular-teeth-whitening-options-595.aspx

Free Dental Consultation