I don't have dental insurance, i had a deep cleaning about three months ago for this problem. I smoke cigaretts i know that doesn't help, but my teeth and gums don't seem that unhealthy i try and keep my mouth very clean is there anything i can do before it gets really bad?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - October - 2011, at 23:58 PM

• Apart from deposits around teeth, receding gums can be because of forceful brushing or can be attributed to smoking or can be because of traumatic bite. If recession of gums is because of traumatic bite, then get it corrected and if it is because of forceful brushing, then stop it. Smoking can also cause recession of gums so quit smoking. If there is sensitivity to hot and cold food stuffs present due to recession of gums, then you can use some desensitizing tooth paste for it. You can also get dental filling done to reduce the sensitivity due to gum recession. If recession is very severe, then periodontal surgery may also be required. You need to get the reason of recession of gums diagnosed and treat it before the problem aggravates. You have to visit your dentist to get treatment done. If you don’t have insurance, then you can talk to your dentist if you can pay in installments for treatment. You can also visit dental schools near your place for treatment. For more info on gum recession, refer to… http://www.identalhub.com/dental-treatment-and-causes-of-gum-recession-887.aspx

Free Dental Consultation