I have a bridge as a result of listening to the dentist when I cracted a tooth. My first idea was to just have it extracted but she talked me into getting a bridge. Well, was that a mistake...in less than a year I have gone back because the bridge keeps faling out. what I need to know now is if it is ok to just use over the coulter dental paste like that used on regular dentures to reset the bridge. I cannot spend my entire life getting a dentist to replace this thing.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - October - 2011, at 04:26 AM

• If the dental bridge is properly made, then it never comes out. Getting a dental bridge is not a mistake. Ideally dental bridge should not keep falling. Dental bridge can keep falling if it is not properly made or in case the support of abutment teeth is less. If the support of abutment teeth (supporting tooth) is less, then an additional abutment may be added to provide support to the pontic (replacement tooth).   You can discuss with your dentist to know about the cause of fall of dental bridge and get it replaced if it is not made properly. .  To fix the dental bridge to the teeth, luting cement is used and using over the counter dental paste will be of little help.   Don’t chew very hard items with your bridge and maintain good oral hygiene with bridge to avoid any gum infections. For more info on how do bridges work, you can refer to following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation