I have a pain in a tooth that is a throbbing kind of pain. Not really sensitive to touch and sometimes feels better after brushing. I have been having alot of sinus pain related as well. Doesnt not hurt all the time.I do not have insurance and didnt want to go to the dentist if it didnt sound like something that needed to be looked at.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - January - 2012, at 00:39 AM

• Throbbing type of pain can be there because of deep caries or abscess in the tooth. Infection from tooth can spread to the gums and can cause swelling of the gums. Throbbing pain can also be there because of gum infection present. Infected tooth might have become non-vital so it may not be sensitive. Without clinical examination and without taking the x-rays, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. If there is deep caries or abscess present in the tooth, then root canal treatment will be required to save the tooth and if there is gum infection present, then dental cleaning and root planning will be required. You have to visit your dentist for definite diagnosis and treatment to avoid any complications. If you have cost constrains, then you can visit a dental school for treatment or can look for free dental clinics near your place. For more info on dental pain, refer to……  http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-dental-pain-or-toothache-87.aspx

Free Dental Consultation