My dentist said my No14 molar had to be pulled. He had originally recommended root cancal and a crown but found too much decay on one of the roots to do the crown, so he said "pull the tooth"! Now he says Medicade will not pay for a bridge so due to missing molar below #14 I have no way to grind food on my left side! Question: Could a root canal have been performed to save the tooth and prevent having to pull the tooth, thus leaving me with a tooth to chew with on my left side? I want an honet answer - any help appreciated.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - March - 2011, at 20:01 PM

• Whether a tooth can be saved by the root canal or not can be ascertained only after seeing the X-ray's and doing the clinical examination. Some times when the root caries are there and decay is more then it is very difficult to save the tooth and if the root canl is done the prognosis is very poor. In that case it is better to pull out the tooth. Now when the tooth is already pulled out you have to have the prosthesis. You can either go for bridge or the implant. For more info on dental crowns and bridge you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-crowns-222.aspx

Free Dental Consultation