My wisdom tooth started coming through last year. My Dentist said it would never come all the way through because not enough room. I had consultation with Oral surgeon but put off surgery because of fear and lack of funds. Now it seems to be coming through more but it is scratching my back cheek but is also really swollen on the gum closet to the roof of my mouth and the hurts. also hurts in the very back where I guess the rest of it is trying to come through? My jaw hurts too and it hurts to chew swallow talk or move my mouth. Do you think it's infected? Or is it just from lack of room? I am calling Monday to schedule it to be removed. I am still scared but this pain sucks. I kind of wish they were open weekends. They want to take the other 3 out too but none of them are even coming through or anything. They are impacted still I guess. I think I just want to deal one at a time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - January - 2012, at 04:35 AM

• When there is not enough space for wisdom tooth to erupt, then the tooth becomes impacted and causes pain. Impacted wisdom tooth causes severe pain which may also be radiating and causes swelling and pain of gums and jaws. Impacted wisdom tooth also causes difficulty in swallowing. If wisdom teeth are impacted, infected or are poking the cheeks, then they are removed. Wisdom teeth don’t aid in mastication so they are pulled out. Surgical tooth extraction is done for impacted wisdom tooth. No pain occurs during tooth extraction. Dentist will numb you with local anesthetic shot or conscious sedation so that there is no pain during extraction. You will just feel some pressure but no pain. Incision is given on gums and tooth is pulled out after bone cutting and or tooth sectioning. After tooth extraction, you have to take the meds as prescribed and follow the instructions of your dentist. By the time, you get tooth extraction done, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Avoid eating from side of affected tooth and keep wisdom tooth area clean. Food accumulates in wisdom tooth area will aggravate the pain. For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to……    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation