I am a 26 year old female, and my wisdom teeth have been growing in for nearly 7 years. After being told repeatedly they were 'impacted', they are now growing out. I was also told I needed oral surgery to remove them but I can't afford that. Anyways, the tooth on the bottom left side is absolutely KILLING me. It's worse than being in labor with my children! I simply cannot afford to get them pulled yet, but I also don't think I can handle much more pain. I can't eat, can't sleep, can't even breathe through my mouth or swallow excess saliva without such excruciating pain that it brings me to tears. Is there anything I can do to ease this pain? Please help me, I am desperate for the pain to stop. I've even thought about what Tom Hanks did with an ice skate and a rock in the movie 'Castaway'. Please help!!

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - October - 2011, at 04:09 AM

• If wisdom teeth are impacted completely or partially, then they cause severe pain which may be radiating to head, neck and along with that, swelling of the jaw is present. You can take antibiotics and pain meds for some relief after consultation of your dentist. You can also do warm saline rinses to reduce the swelling and pain  around wisdom teeth. They will only provide temporary relief. You need to get your wisdom tooth pulled out. Pain will not subside till infection is there is the tooth. To remove the infection, you need to get your wisdom tooth pulled out. If you don’t have much of money, then you can visit any of the dental schools near your place where treatment provided is cheap. Avoid any food deposits in area of wisdom teeth which can aggravate the pain. Take food from other side of the mouth to avoid pain and keep the wisdom tooth area clean. For more info on wisdom teeth, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation