Hi, I am 21 years old and wore braces for 3 years. At one point I lost my retainer and had another one made, but the new retainer did not fit the same and has caused my two front teeth to move apart again. My dentist told me I was a perfect candidate for Invisalign, but I cannot afford to spend $4000 after I already paid so much for braces. Do you recommend orthofill bands? Or can you suggest another cheap alternative? Thanks!

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 31 - January - 2012, at 01:03 AM

  • If relapse of treatment has occurred and front teeth have moved apart, then you can get treatment done for gapped teeth. You can get invisaligns to close the gap between teeth which are clear, removable aligners. Invisaligns are expensive and duration of treatment of invisaligns will be 18-24 months depending on age of the patient and amount of gap which is present. You can also opt for cosmetic procedures like dental bonding, lumineers, veneers or dental crowns to close the gaps between teeth. Cosmetic procedures are faster as compared to invisaligns. Orthofill bands can also be given to close the gape between teeth. Orthofill bands put pressure on gums and cause dental arch to contract. If teeth are still crooked or are delicate, then you have to get invisaligns or braces again. For more info on dealing with gap tooth, visit……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-dealing-with-a-gap-tooth-566.aspx

Free Dental Consultation