I have a gum flap between my lower canine and the tooth in front of it. the last time I was at the dentist was 6 months ago for an extensive cleaning and I have been brushing and flossing twice a day. it is time for my next checkup and I noticed I have recently developed a cavity between the 2 teeth under the gum flap. I guess I am scared to go for fear that my teeth are going to need to be extracted and the cost of the procedure. Can anyone make this a little easier for me?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - March - 2011, at 20:01 PM

• If there is a cavity between the two teeth and it is not very deep then there is no need to get the teeth pulled out. They can be easily filed with the tooth coloured restorative material that is composite. If it is deep even then you can save them by getting the root canal treatment and the crown. It is better if you schedule your appointment as soon as possible as the delay can cause the problems. For  more info on composites you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-composite-filling-done-in-a-tooth-283.aspx

Free Dental Consultation