the other day i was eating chips and when i was done i tried to get some chips that were stuck between my teeth out with my finger. And when i took my finger out my mouth i noticed a really bad smell. So i investigated some more and found that the smell was coming from my gum around one of my top left molars. I brushed my, flossed...but the smell is still there. And now it has been one week since then and ive noticed the smell is still there. The area isnt sore, it just smells really bad. What do i do? Why is it smelling?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - November - 2012, at 03:35 AM

• Hi GRACIAN,Infections in the mouth always smell bad and cause pain.After every meal,gargle with warm salt water.Soft brush can be used to clean the particles caught between the teeth and the gums.Make it a habit to clean the teeth every morning and before retiring to bed.Gargling with a lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water,freshens the mouth.Take a quarter of a lemon,massage it on teeth and gums and then gargle with water.

• Gracian

Gracian 10 - November - 2012, at 00:31 AM

• I dont know where to begin from, I had tooth decays and it is filled with cement, had a tooth extracted and the dentist tells me I have to fix a crown otherwise my top tooth will come down because of the gap, I need to know I have front two rabbit teeth, my right front tooth pains when I bite, one dentist says since my tooth is out, when I bite there is no support for the down teeth, and my other dentist says that since my sugar is high my teeth are shaking and that is why the front tooth is paining. Could u please help me out and inform me the correct result. My front tooth which I mentioned earlier has bad smell when I touch the gums, the other gums smell okay. Is there any medication for that, cause I brush and use mouth wash every night Please advise.

• dr ritz

dr ritz 19 - December - 2011, at 05:06 AM

• Thulani, Bad smell from gums can be because of gum infection in relation to tooth. If oral hygiene practices of the patient is not good, then it can lead to food lodgement and deposits in relation to teeth which can further lead to gum infections and bad smell from gums. If there are periodontal infections present, then dental cleaning, root planning and periodontal surgeries may also be required. To avoid food deposits around teeth, it is important that you maintain good oral hygiene. Brush and floss regularly and also use a mouth wash to remove plaque deposits. You can visit your dentist for treatment.

• Thulani Nkomo

Thulani Nkomo 19 - December - 2011, at 04:30 AM

• i need help someone my gum smells badlly, no one like to toke to me for that reason 031 4650020 fax 031 4650062 - cell 0722627914 20 street 109719 lot 2460, cato crest, mayville, 4091

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - February - 2011, at 19:53 PM

• You must have developed a periodotal pocket in that area. It happens some times when the area is not cleaned or flossed properly and the food is lodged in some particlar area. The bone resorption is there and it is said that pocket is formed. You can take extra precautions in cleaning that area and if it s not responding than you have to visit your dentist who will do the deep cleaning of that area. For more info on periodontal problems you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-treatments-of-gum-disease-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation