I noticed yesterday that my three lower front teeth were extremely discolored. My wife asked if I had started to use tobacco dip. I never have used it, never would. I do drink coffee and soda but this is a new one.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - August - 2011, at 06:08 AM

• Apart from smoking, tobacco, coffee and soda, discoloration can also occur with the use of some medicaments such as iron tablets or use of chlorhexidine mouthwashes or it can be because of deposition of plaque and calculus in relation to lower front teeth, or because of inadequate saliva formation. Nutritional deficiencies such as that of calcium, excess of fluoride and aging can also lead to discoloration. If it is because of poor oral hygiene, then you have to maintain a good hygiene to prevent deposition of plaque and calculus. You can get rid of discoloration by use of otc recommended teeth whitening products. To know more about causes of tooth discoloration, you can refer to the following article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-can-cause-tooth-discoloration-538.aspx

Free Dental Consultation