Recently I have noticed a small black mark on the gum line between two teeth in the front of my mouth. I doesn't hurt at all but it does bleed when I brush or floss. It is located between two teeth that are a slight bit crooked so it can be hard to brush in there. When it bleeds it is only a very small bit, not enough to even taste or anything. It almost looks like a small scab or something. It has been there about 2 months and has not healed or grown. I would just like to know if I should be concerned.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - November - 2011, at 01:52 AM

• If the black spot is present between 2 teeth, then it can be because of tooth decay. As those teeth are slightly crooked, so food deposits occur around them which can further lead to tooth decay. It can also be calculus deposits present between surface of teeth and gum tissues and are usually dark brown in color. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment that whether they are because of tooth decay or because of calculus deposits. In initial stages, both tooth decay and calculus deposits cause no pain.  If it is decay present between teeth, then you can get it restored. You can get the teeth restored with composite filling material which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material. If there are calculus deposits present, then dental cleaning can be done to remove the deposits. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly and also use a mouth wash to reduce bacteria in oral cavity. For more info on good oral hygiene, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation