I find it hard to believe my FLEXIBLE partials are cracked - ath the flexible portion, not the teeth, since my dentist told me they were unbreakable. I cannot see a crack, and I looked at them with a magnifying glass. I am really upset since he says they can break at anytime, leaving me with missing side teeth, and I must get impressions and buy a NEW denture, immediately. Is this a scam? I already let him talk me into purchasing a backup acrylic denture, which I keep in a jar and have never needed to use. Thank you for your advice.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - January - 2011, at 20:01 PM

• It is very difficult to comment and tell you whether they are actually cracked or not with out seeing them. Noramlly flexible dentures do not crack.and they are fitting well and if you do not feel any thing like discomfort in eating or while eating they are not pinching the gums then may be they are not cracked. If you are not very sure you can get them checked from some other dentist. If you have the acrylic denture for back up you need not worry. for more info on dentures you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-keeping-your-dentures-in-good-condition-583.aspx

Free Dental Consultation