I have a bad tooth..to the bottom right of my mouth...the tooth isnt loose but its chipping and was very painful in the past.. now the gum between that tooth and the one behind it started feeling sore about 2 days ago..the soreness soon turned into pain and i started developing what seems like a blister there...its really bothersome and its abouth twice the size of what a normal blister usually is. Its just one and the gum is only sore on the outside not on the inside near my tongue. I dont have insurance and i cant afford a dentist right now so i'd like to know if it may be something serious. Orajel and salt water rinsing doesnt seem to be helping much. Any feedback is something. Thanks in advance

Leave Comment

Comments

• Rhonda

Rhonda 31 - August - 2012, at 07:01 AM

• I had an implant placed in the upper right canine due to a loose crown with root canal gone bad after 15 years. The first implant was perfect no problems, but when I went in after 3 mo of healing it hadn't ossenegrated with the bone bc a temp crown on it caused it to fail. We pulled it out and bone graphed it and waited 4 mo and attempted another Implant in that same tooth. No temp was put on but apparently during surgery a bone splintered and I got a horrible painful lump on my gum. He pulled that implant out, none graphed it and I wore a flipper for 5 mo. We recently attempted it again. It was fine for the first week, but the last 2 weeks I developed a lump and I drained it but a hot compress, warm salt water rinses etc. it healed fine. Ive never had pain and still do not. Last week I developed a faint red line on my gum. I saw a dentist as my surgeon was out of town and he took a radiography X-ray and looked at my gum and said that it didn't seem to him that the implant has failed. I woke up this morning with a cold sore on my lip, but also noticed a tiny faint like blister over my implant in the outter gum. Its not filled with anything and it flesh with my gum. What do you think is going on and what should I be trying? He did put me back on another round of clydamycin. I'm allergic to penicillin, so is there another stronger better antibiotic? I'm really praying this implant takes this time as my 2 adjacent teeth are already crowns and aren't in the best condition to be bridged. Help me please. I'm only 45 and am looking at dentures if something doesn't work out with this. Thank you

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - February - 2012, at 00:36 AM

• Blister on gums can be there because of infected tooth present. Infection must have reached the dental pulp which has nerve and have caused pain and bump on gums. Blister on gums can also occur because of gingival or periodontal abscess present. If infection has reached nerve, then root canal treatment is required for the tooth. In root canal treatment, infectious necrotic portion of tooth is removed and is replaced with filling material. Pain in tooth, swelling and tenderness of gums, recurring or persistent bump on gums are symptoms which suggest that root canal treatment is required. Infection will not go till you get treatment done for your infected tooth. If there is gingival or periodontal abscess present, then treatment is required for it. If you don’t have insurance, then you can visit a dental school where treatment is done by dental students under supervision of experienced dentists or can look for free dental clinics around you. By the time you visit a dentist, you can take otc pain med for some relief. You can avoid eating from that side of mouth and maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on signs and symptoms of root canal therapy, refer to…….    http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-root-canal-therapy-104.aspx

Free Dental Consultation