Hi there, 2 weeks ago my endodontist told me yes you need to get another root canal. He gave me anti biotics that have worked. The tooth is still a little tender but nothing like before. I am going on vacation and would prefer to not start the procedure until I get back which is 3 weeks from now. Is this safe?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - January - 2012, at 00:35 AM

• When nerve of the tooth is affected, then root canal treatment is done for the affected tooth. Antibiotics alone will not treat the infection. If root canal treatment needs to be delayed because of time problems between dentist and patient, then initial aspects of root canal can be performed and tooth can be temporized. Performing initial aspects of root canal treatment will provide some relief to patient from disturbing symptoms like pain and rest of the treatment can be scheduled for a latter time. It would be better to consult a dentist/endodontist and get the initial aspects of root canal treatment done. You might experience pain during vacation if root canal treatment is not done.  For more info on when is root canal treatment required, refer to…….  http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-root-canal-treatment-required-294.aspx

Free Dental Consultation